FOOD: How To Prepare Afang Soup
Updated Sunday 6 May 2018 9:20
Afang Soup is prepared with a generous quantity of Water leaves and the wild herbal Okazi leaves.
Ingredients for Afang Soup
- 400g sliced Okazi/Afang leaves | about 4 handfuls
- 250g Water leaves
- 20 to 25 cl red palm oil (about 1 drink glass)
- Beef, Kanda and Dry fish
- 2 tablespoons ground crayfish
- Pepper and salt (to taste)
- 2 stock cubes
Before you cook the Nigerian Afang Soup
- Wash, drain and slice the water leaves into tiny pieces. Grind or pound the sliced Okazi leaves. In Nigerian markets, the sellers of these sliced Okazi leaves have a machine for grinding it. You can also grind it with your blender with a small quantity of water. Take a look at the ground Okazi leaves.
- Grind your pepper and crayfish and cut the onions into tiny pieces.
- Boil the beef and Kanda with the diced onions and stock cubes in a very small quantity of water. When done, add the dry fish and cook for about 5 more minutes.
- Now add the palm oil, crayfish and pepper. Once it starts boiling, add the afang (okazi) leaves, water leaves and periwinkle. When the okazi leaves have softened and the water has dried up a bit, add salt to taste and leave to simmer for about 5 minutes. The Afang soup is ready!
Serve with Garri (Eba), Semolina Fufu, Amala, Cassava Fufu or Pounded Yam.
One Favour Please, Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel
Join us on Facebook & Twitter
Video Posted 3 Months ago
What do you think about this? React and add comments below
If this violates your rights in any way, please report it here and it will be taken down within 24 hours.
Click Here To Hide More Posts Like This
Watch and Download Free Mobile Movies, Read entertainment news and reports, Download music and Upload your own For FREE. Submit Your Content to be published for you FREE! We thrive on user-submitted content! But we moderate!